CAMCO is a full-service management company that has provided management services to the HOA industry of Nevada for over 20 years. CAMCO manages communities throughout Nevada. Our claim to high-quality services is due to the fact that our company is structured quite differently than other Association Management companies.
We have separate and distinct divisions for our services and yet we are an integrated team of highly qualified professional Managers, supported with a diverse and experienced group, comprised of:
- Pre-Development Division Manager
- Portfolio Division Manager
- Supervising Community Association Managers
- Community Association Managers, Provisional Managers, and Assistants
- A CFO (CPA) with full-time accounting staff
- A Business Manager to handle company billings to Associations
- A Human Resources Manager
- A Government Affairs Representative, who interfaces with the Secretary of State and the real estate division
It is our pleasure to serve the needs of all the Associations we manage. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you in building a better community through continued communication and teamwork.
CAMCO’s Supervising Community Manager for the Meadowridge HOA is Lara Garrell. However; our entire team is aware of Meadowridge and committed to assisting in any inquiries or emergencies that may present.1755 E. Plumb Ln., Suite 162,
Reno, NV 89502
Ph: (775) 322-1400
Fax: (775) 322-1405
Community Manager’s Email: Lara Garrell
If you would like to report an after-hours irrigation emergency, please call Camco at (775) 322-1400 and you will be connected to the on-call manager. Have a detailed description of where the irrigation emergency is like cross streets and a nearby monument such as the northeast corner of the tennis court.
What Does Our Management Company Do?
Meadowridge is a privately owned, single-family, association. Collectively, as a homeowner, you and your other 96 neighbors (homeowners) pay a monthly assessment which serves our HOA budget. Our budget provides support, general upkeep, and maintenance of our common area interests within our community. You as the individual homeowner are totally responsible for 1) your property, 2) you are a contributing member of the association, and 3) are bound by the association’s governing articles, CC&R, and the Rules& Regulations.
Please note Meadowridge is not a fully maintained community, such as townhouse complexes or high rise condo HOA where everything is maintained and cared for by the Association and Community Manager. Lara does not check lights to see if they work, check every sprinkler head or handle individual homeowner’s property issues unless there is a specific violation which involves 1) the law, 2) our CC&Rs or 3) Rules& Regulations.
The county, the state, and the federal government imposed a variety of regulations on homeowner associations. One of the most important aspects of Lara’s job is guiding the Board, providing information, direction, and awareness to help the Board govern our association and stay in compliance with State Law. Lara is trained, licensed, and informed of all current State regulations; her expertise brings a necessary component to the Board and our community.
Once a month Lara as well as a compliance assistant from CAMCO, usually drives Meadowridge to look for any glaring violations. These violations are judged based on our CC&Rs, or Rules& Regulations and are not arbitrarily decided. Given that Meadowridge’s CC&Rs are not explicit about many things, most CC&Rs definitions are based in general terms as they relate to “the property” such as common area, driveways, visitor parking, satellite dishes, front yard landscaping or debris, fences, health hazards, garbage cans, contractors or other obvious issues.
Here’s a list of what you can expect from your
- Attendance of Board meetings and one annual meeting per year. Recording of meetings under NRS 116. This includes typing up the minutes and submitting them to the Board Secretary for approval.
- Preparation of monthly financials and monthly Board packages. This is a major item for the association as accurate financials are critical. The management company has accounting professionals who do the books and provide the monthly balance sheet and other financial information to the Board Treasurer to review and verify.
- Preparation of annual meeting correspondence and procedures.
- Handling of all HOA correspondence, which includes any CC&R violations, any questions homeowners may have including telephone calls, emails, faxes and responses to whiners, violators and chronic complainers.
- Filing of all required documents with the State of Nevada and the Nevada Real Estate Division, which is done annually after the elections and to maintain our not for profit status.
- Assists in our annual budget compilation. Lara works with the Board to help them forecast and plan the budget for the coming year based on anticipated expenses, and bids for contractors.
- Assists in procuring bids for maintenance, insurance, etc. Lara doesn’t select the vendors, but she helps the Board evaluate and determine the best options for the community and our budget.
- Collection of (monthly) assessments and handling of accounts payable. The expertise of the company is vital in handling the association’s financial responsibilities. Bills are paid promptly; homeowner assessments are recorded consistently, and management follows up on any unpaid assessments. If homeowners don’t pay their assessments as stated in our CC&Rs, then the management company follows up with the necessary steps to collect the money and/or assist the homeowners to come current with the payments. When their efforts fail, then they turn the account over to collections.
- Facilitate annual audit with HOA CPA, which means providing the Board contracted auditor with all the necessary documents for the CPA to verify the accuracy of our financial reports and status.
- Supervision of common area maintenance at the Board’s discretion. We contract with a landscape company to maintain the HOA’s common areas. We have a set contract with Signature Landscaping for this purpose, and our contract includes a set number of hours a week that the workers will be working in our areas. If certain areas need more attention, then Lara will communicate issues and coordinate with Signature Landscaping areas that need additional attention. In so far as community lighting, Lara will contact a vendor to get the lights replaced or repaired. Meadowridge does not have a handyman or contracted maintenance person to do these, so it may take a few days, possibly weeks before contractors get around to Meadowridge.
- Maintain Architectural Submission log and tracking of approved projects.
- Document any transfer of ownership and sends out a welcome packet to the new homeowner’s
- Maintain current list of property owners.
- CAMCO provides a 24/7 answering service. If there is an urgent situation, someone will be in touch with the appropriate direction and help.